Common Questions and Answers
Q1: WHAT IS THE COMPLETE CONCUSSIONS PRACTITIONER TRAINING COURSE?
A1: The Complete Concussions Practitioner Training Course is a comprehensive, online, 12-module training program providing evidence-based approaches to concussion care (approximately 60 hours). The program outlines the existing and emerging literature including the treatment strategies for concussion injuries. Click here for more information.
All practitioners who complete the Practitioner Training Course will receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to join the Complete Concussions network.
Q2: WHO CAN TAKE THE COMPLETE CONCUSSIONS PRACTITIONER TRAINING COURSE?
A2: Licensed healthcare professionals such as physicians, physiotherapists, chiropractors, occupational therapists, athletic therapists, speech language pathologists, and others are eligible to complete any of the Complete Concussions courses.
Q3: IS THE TRAINING RECOGNIZED BY PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS OR COUNT TOWARDS CONTINUING EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT?
A3: The course is eligible under most continuing education credit or professional development programs. There is a test at the end of each module and a final exam in which participants must achieve a score of 80% to receive their certificate of completion.
Q4: HOW CAN A CLINIC BECOME CERTIFIED?
A4: In order to be listed as a Certified Complete Concussions clinic, certain criteria must be met, including:
- At least one licensed health professional with valid Complete Concussions training and certification
- Sufficient clinical space in order to be able to run various elements of the program including exertion and balance testing. Even most small rehab spaces are sufficient (15×15 feet is plenty).
- Essential equipment includes a treadmill and stationary bike (note that equipment requirements are only for our physical rehabilitation clinics and those that will be providing baseline and return to sport management)
- A multi-disciplinary team is a bonus although not essential: Concussion requires a team-based approach, with professionals like medical doctors, physiotherapists and chiropractors, and support from various specialists such as neuropsychologists, massage therapists, osteopaths, athletic trainers/therapists, occupational therapists, and kinesiologists.
- Participation in re-certification training every three years, ensuring that skills and knowledge remain up-to-date in the ever-evolving field of concussion management.
Q5: CAN A HEALTHCARE PRACTITIONER BECOME A COMPLETE CONCUSSIONS PRACTITIONER WITHOUT BEING AFFILIATED WITH A CERTIFIED CLINIC?
A5: No. Practitioners can take the training course, however being a certified clinic requires registering your clinic and keeping up with ongoing literature and training. Complete Concussions wants to ensure the best treatment and management of concussions possible, as such our process requires standardization.
Q6: WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A CERTIFIED COMPLETE CONCUSSIONS CLINIC?
A6: The Complete Concussions network is the largest concussion care network in the world providing ongoing education and learning opportunities to certified clinics across the globe. Certified clinics get access to a multitude of additional benefits outside of simply completing the Complete Concussions Practitioner Training Course including:
- Facebook community of Complete Concussions-trained clinicians to share cases and receive input from multidisciplinary specialists.
- Monthly research updates to keep you up-to-date with the nearly 400 concussion specific research studies that are published each month.
- Listing on Complete Concussions ‘Find a Clinic’ map and inclusion in Complete Concussions digital and social marketing efforts ensuring patients and athletes find your clinic when looking for the best possible care.
- Use of Complete Concussions state-of-the-art Concussion Testing and Management Software system with every test and tool right at your fingertips, improving patient documentation and care, including AI-driven injury insights.
- Concussion Tracker smartphone app to allow free, unlimited baseline and post-injury neurocognitive and balance testing, sideline injury reporting, and seamless communication with patients, parents, coaches, and trainers on the sidelines at sporting events and all around your community.
- Recognition and stamp of approval from the global leaders in concussion care.
In the ever-evolving field of concussion management, staying up-to-date and informed is a necessity to provide the highest level of care for your community. As we explored in this blog post, becoming a Certified Complete Concussions clinic benefits any healthcare practitioner passionate about providing superior, evidence-based concussion care.
Becoming certified through Complete Concussions offers a learning experience tailored to your specific medical background. With a focus on evidence-based education and real-world applications, each of the training courses are designed to provide you with comprehensive knowledge. The courses not only discuss existing strategies but also explore emerging literature, ensuring you’re armed with the latest insights in concussion care.
What sets Complete Concussions apart is its commitment to building a vibrant, multidisciplinary community of knowledgeable professionals working together to improve patient outcomes. Here, you can share cases and seek input from multidisciplinary specialists, fostering an environment of collaboration and growth.
Furthermore, being part of the Complete Concussions network means you’re never out of touch with the latest research. Our monthly research updates keep you informed about the nearly 400 concussion-specific studies published each month. This knowledge ensures that your practice is always grounded in the latest scientific advancements.
Visibility is vital to helping a wide range of concussion patients, and we understand this well. Certified concussion clinics are prominently featured on Complete Concussions’ ‘Find a Clinic’ map (clinics.completeconcussions.com), enhancing your clinic’s visibility both for patients outside the network, but also for clinicians within the network looking to refer for your expertise. Inclusion in the Complete Concussions ecosystem and their digital and social marketing efforts guarantees that patients and athletes seeking the best care can easily find your clinic.
The benefits extend beyond education and visibility. Complete Concussions provides access to state-of-the-art Concussion Testing and Management Software, a tool that revolutionizes patient documentation and care. This software puts every test and tool right at your fingertips, ensuring efficient and accurate assessments.
“When a concussion occurs whether in youth sports or daily life, ensuring concussion safety and providing the latest treatment methods is paramount. Complete Concussions online training, equipped with vital knowledge checks, provides a proactive approach to concussion prevention and care. Recognizing possible concussion signs is crucial; efforts emphasize the importance of at least two signs in an athlete’s physical and mental health. By staying informed through comprehensive concussion training and efficient data collection, we can create a safer environment for young athletes and adults, prioritizing their well-being above all.”
In conclusion, becoming a Certified Concussion clinic is not just about certification; it’s a commitment to excellence. It’s a promise to provide the best possible care to individuals affected by concussions. So, why wait? Embrace the advantages of Complete Concussions numerous certification opportunities, and let your clinic become a leader in concussion management. Join us in shaping the future of concussion care – because every patient deserves a chance to recover.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Denner is a highly skilled Chiropractic Physician and licensed Athletic Trainer based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Specializing in sports medicine and rehabilitation, he utilizes his unique background in manual therapy, functional rehabilitation, joint manipulation, and neuromuscular stabilization to effectively treat a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions.
As the owner and treating physician at Denner Chiropractic & Performance, Dr. Denner brings extensive experience and a comprehensive approach to patient care. With a focus on personalized, functional treatment plans, he empowers his patients to take an active role in their recovery.